Offering accessible and trauma-informed Yoga in the metro east
About Lotus Yoga
Lotus Yoga welcomes people of all ages, sizes, and levels to practice Yoga in a trauma-sensitive environment. We are built on the foundation that every body is different and has different needs, and we strive to meet those needs the best of our ability.
We offer a variety of classes, services, events, and workshops to help all of our clients achieve healthier bodies and minds. Whether you are experiencing physical or emotional pain, or simply want to improve your physical and mental wellbeing, Lotus Yoga provides a casual, comfortable, healing, and friendly environment to do so.
We offer a variety of props for our students to use during practice including blankets, blocks, bolsters, and straps. We encourage questions, concerns, and comments, and we love to help our clients grow in to their own personal practice. As a trauma-informed studio we always ask before placing our hands on clients for assists, and they are always free to opt out of hands-on assists if it makes them feel uncomfortable.
If you are not sure where to begin, contact us via phone or email. We also provide private sessions, group private sessions, and space rental for your event. We can even travel to your event to guide your group in a practice. Call us for more details and pricing.
Take a peek inside Lotus Yoga Below!
Guidelines and Etiquette
* Please arrive at least 10 minutes before class begins, especially if you have never visited Lotus Yoga Studio. This allows time to fill out necessary forms and register as a student. You will also need time to find a space and gather any props you may need for your practice, along with familiarizing yourself to the studio. We lock our door three to five minutes after classes begin to ensure we are not interrupted. Our doors remain locked through the duration of the class. If you know you are going to be more than five minutes late, either let the teacher know beforehand, or visit us another time.
* Please remove your shoes before entering the practice floor space. We have shelves and durable plastic floor mats for you to place your items during your practice.
* Please silence your cell phones and any other devices you may have with you.
* Plan to stay for the whole class. If you must leave early let the teacher know, and do it before our closing pose, as to not disturb others in their final relaxation.
* Let your instructor know if you have physical limitations that you have medical orders to avoid or if you prefer to not be touched during class. Lotus Yoga is a trauma-informed studio, and only a few of our teachers practice hands-on assists. We always announce when an assist is available, and you always have the option to opt-out while maintaining your privacy.
* Please bring a water bottle and Yoga mat with you. We do have water for sale in studio, and we only have a few extra Yoga mats to borrow. Yoga mats are different than exercise mats. They are thinner and do not slip. Socks should not be worn on your Yoga mat unless they are non-slip.
* Most important, be respectful of others students, their personal space, and carry no judgement to others or yourself. Come to class with a positive attitude and be kind to others.